Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Trace of Love / A Trace of Passion by Danielle Ravencraft




A Trace of Love

Ophelia Martinez has a chance encounter with internationally famous rock-star, Trace Curtis. To Ophelia, Trace will always be the charming boy she met in high school. They share one night together in which Trace falls in love with Ophelia. But Ophelia knows she can’t continue to live in the past, at least not with the secret that haunts her present.

A Trace of Passion

Ophelia’s in for a birthday surprise that turns out to be a birthday nightmare as she’s reunited with hunky rock star, Trace Curtis. The pain of her defiance runs deep and he won’t leave Ophelia alone without an explanation. The more time they spend together, the more their passion grows. Ophelia knows in her heart she should tell Trace the truth, but will her secret drive him away?


 I’m reviewing these books together, because they’re a pair of short stories that are part of a trilogy.  Ophelia does everything she can to keep Trace from remembering her from high school, and to keep him from pursuing her after their one night together.  She tries to put it behind her and doesn’t even tell her best friend about it, thus ending up at a Molten Silk concert on her birthday.  She tries to hide from Trace at the concert, but Chicago’s House of Blues is an intimate venue and he spots her anyway.  Again, erotica is not normally my cup of tea, but I have to admit, I greatly admire Ms. Ravencraft’s ability to stretch out a love scene for several pages without making it boring or silly.  Believe me, it takes talent to keep my attention during long love scenes.  The only reason I took half a rose from these books is that I have to wait for the final book, A Trace of Hope.  Hurry up, Ms. Ravencraft!


Prices: A Trace of Love $1.99
A Trace of Passion $2.50

Buy Links: 

A Trace of Love

A Trace of Passion


You’ll notice I always include the publisher’s buy link.  That’s because authors usually receive 40% of the book price from the publisher.  Editors and cover artists usually receive about 5%.  When you buy a book from Amazon, Barnes & Noble or another third-party vendor, they take a hefty cut and the author, editors and cover artists receive their cuts from what is left.  So, if a book costs $5.99 at E-Book Publisher.com and you buy from there, the author will receive about $2.40.  If you buy the book at Amazon, the author will receive about $0.83.

Downloading the file from your computer to your Kindle is as easy as transferring any file from your computer to a USB flash drive.  Plug the USB end of your chord into a USB port on your computer and simply move the file from your “Downloads” box to your Kindle/Documents/Books directory.  I actually download my books using “Save As” to a “Books” file on my computer that’s sorted by my publisher, friends, and books “to review,” and then transfer them to my Kindle from there.  That way, if there’s a glitch with my Kindle, the books are on my computer.  Your author will be happy you did when he/she sees his/her royalty statement.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rochelle! Thanks so much for the fabulous review and I'm so sorry I'm just seeing it now for the first time. :)

    Part 3 is on my list to write next as soon as I finish this current project I'm working on. *wink*

    ReplyDelete