Sunday, May 13, 2012

Triptych by M. S. Spencer


 Both Miranda Cabot and her sister Honor prefer their solitude to romance, Miranda having watched her husband die in flames on the Potomac River rocks called the Three Sisters. Not so the youngest, Sybil, who invites a mysterious Frenchman calling himself the Chevalier du bon Arnaque to stay with them in their mansion overlooking the Sisters.
Misgivings about the stranger’s intentions lead Miranda and Honor to ask their neighbors Dieter Heiliger and his grandson Corey to chaperone. Three beautiful, strong-willed women living in a house with three handsome, virile men results inevitably in an intricate web of jealousy, sex, and intrigue. Add in long-lost master artworks, stolen prototypes and a resident genius and you have a recipe for romance. Who will end up with whom, and will the Three Sisters take another life as the legend calls for?


 I simply have to say that M. S. Spencer is brilliant.  I don’t think I could write a book with so much intrigue and suspense, which is probably why I’m stuck on my third WIP, unable to come up with any decent conflict.  I love this stuff and if I could write it, I’d probably have amassed a better backlist.  Again, this book is listed as erotica, but the sex isn’t overwhelming, and it’s tastefully written.  Somewhat graphic but not offensively so.  Yes, I’m a prude.  Other reviewers might want it to be more graphic.  I feel young at heart, but I’m a granny when it comes to sex in the media.  However, I would fight to preserve a person’s right to write it their way.  Back to the book—don’t miss it.  It’s a keeper!

Length:  212 Pages

Price:  $4.99


You’ll notice I always include the publisher’s buy link.  That’s because authors usually receive 40% of the book price from the publisher.  Editors and cover artists usually receive about 5%.  When you buy a book from Amazon, Barnes & Noble or another third-party vendor, they take a hefty cut and the author, editors and cover artists receive their cuts from what is left.  So, if this book costs $4.99 at Secret Cravings and you buy from there, the author will receive about $2.00.  If you buy the book at Amazon, the author will receive about sixty cents.

Downloading the file from your computer to your Kindle is as easy as transferring any file from your computer to a USB flash drive.  Plug the USB end of your chord into a USB port on your computer and simply move the file from your “Downloads” box to your Kindle/Documents/Books directory.  I actually download my books using “Save As” to a “Books” file on my computer that’s sorted by my publisher, friends, and books “to review,” and then transfer them to my Kindle from there.  That way, if there’s a glitch with my Kindle, the books are on my computer.  Your author will be happy you did when he/she sees his/her royalty statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment