Sunday, October 6, 2013

Dark Wizard by John Rosenman



Blurb:

Kan not only has complete amnesia but superhuman strength and the ability to bring back the dead. Soon a beautiful girl complicates things even more. As Kan learns his identity, he finds he is faced with a deadly evil and a cosmic mission.

Review:

Dark Wizard starts with Kan saving a child’s life, but at the same time, he has an urge to smash and kill the on-lookers at the scene of the accident.  And he can’t recall who he is, how he got there, or why he’s there.  A beautiful teacher offers to help him find answers, and their quest turns into quite a hunt.  Is Kan a dark wizard, or is it someone else in the book?  Mr. Rosenman kept me guessing throughout.  And, if you know me, that’s pretty darned difficult to accomplish.

Length:  215 Pages
Price:  $5.95

You’ll notice I always include the publisher’s buy link.  That’s because authors usually receive 40% of the book price from the publisher.  Editors and cover artists usually receive about 5%.  When you buy a book from Amazon, Barnes & Noble or another third-party vendor, they take a hefty cut and the author, editors and cover artists receive their cuts from what is left.  So, if a book costs $5.99 at E-Book Publisher.com and you buy from there, the author will receive about $2.40.  If you buy the book at Amazon, the author will receive about $0.83.

Downloading the file from your computer to your Kindle is as easy as transferring any file from your computer to a USB flash drive.  Plug the USB end of your chord into a USB port on your computer and simply move the file from your “Downloads” box to your Kindle/Documents/Books directory.  I actually download my books using “Save As” to a “Books” file I created on my computer that’s sorted by my publisher, friends, and books “to review,” and then transfer them to my Kindle from there.  That way, if there’s a glitch with my Kindle, the books are on my computer.  Your author will be happy you did when he/she sees his/her royalty statement.

Thanks for visiting.  RIW

3 comments:

  1. I always look forward to your reviews. But when I went to comment, I see I've already commented on this one. On September 19th???? I think not!

    Anyway, sounds like a good fantasy story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Cheryl, you're not going crazy. I originally planned to post my review of Dark Wizard in September, but then I received a book from another author that released that week, so I bumped it. However, I forgot to change the date on the post which was already written and scheduled and I didn't notice it had gone up as well until I saw your comment. So I took it down and rescheduled it. Now it will stay up the full week and the cover will stay in the margin as a link pointing to the review as they always do.

    ReplyDelete