Sunday, April 8, 2012

Beach Party Girls by Vanessa Rose Lee


Welcome to Miami. The city lights up at night and parties are endless. Meet the Beach Party Girls. Kim Bailey and Stephanie Cole enjoy living a fast-paced, glamorous lifestyle.

One day, an event changes their lives. What will they do to get by? Join the fun-loving Beach Party Girls and their adventures!


If you like programs like “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” or “The OC,” you will probably enjoy this book.  I, however, worked for a living the better part of thirty years.  It took me eleven years to earn my bachelors degree working full time and going to school.  Some of those years, I swear the only time I slept was on the El between work, school and home.  I did one of those semesters in a wheelchair with a broken ankle.  I've also been homeless and currently live with my daughter because I cannot afford both my car and my own apartment.  So the characters never engaged me.   

They live rent-free in a penthouse condo owned by one girl's farther and get cushy jobs planning fashion shows when Daddy has a temporary financial set-back.  Should I spoil the ending?  I guess not.

I read the book on Kindle and it was a mess in terms of editing and formatting, but the author assures me the paperback copy is clean and she doesn’t know why it got so messed up when she converted to Kindle.  I gave her some conversion tips so your copy may be cleaner than mine.

I’m being judgmental when I say I wouldn’t recommend this book.  It all depends on your perspective.  If you enjoy the exploits of wealthy, spoiled people, you’ll like this book.  If you avoid that stuff like the plague, this book is not for you.  I have a doozey of a dream house and it would be nice to win the lottery or better yet have all my books on the New York Times Bestseller list and be able to build it.  I prefer the latter because I’m used to earning what I get. Either way—if I were a millionaire, I’d still probably shop at Wal-Mart most of the time.


Length:  110 Pages

Price:  $4.99

No comments:

Post a Comment