Sunday, March 25, 2012

Footprints in Time by Kate Welsh



Historian Sharon Henderson is transported across time to the middle of a prisoner of war camp in 1864 Maryland. There she meets Ridge Grayson whose home she inherited and whose portrait and journals have always fascinated her.

Wounded in battle, Captain Grayson faces death with one great regret. Though he’s searched he’s never found the woman of his dreams – until a Sharon visits the injured at Hammond Hospital.

Across time and space they instantly recognize each other as soul mates. Can she save his life and make a future for them by changing history? And should she?


Footprints in Time was a great read.  Ms. Welsh did her homework, and I especially loved it when she went into the point of view of a rather precocious small child.

The only problem I had is that like so many other independent authors, Ms. Welsh could use a better copy editor.  The book is still well worth your time and money, but there are numerous typos throughout the manuscript.  I guess that’s the editor in me speaking.


Price:  $3.99


You’ll notice I always include the publisher’s buy link.  That’s because authors usually receive forty percent of the book price from the publisher.  Editors and cover artists usually receive about five percent.  When you buy a book from Amazon, Barnes & Noble or another third-party vendor, they take a hefty cut and the author, editors and cover artists receive their cuts from what is left.  So, if a book costs $5.99 at E-Book Publisher.com and you buy from there, the author will receive about $2.40.  If you buy the book at Amazon, the author will receive about $0.83.

Downloading the file from your computer to your Kindle is as easy as transferring any file from your computer to a USB flash drive.  Plug the USB end of your chord into a USB port on your computer and simply move the file from your “Downloads” box to your Kindle/Documents/Books directory.  I actually download my books using “Save As” to a “Books” file on my computer that’s sorted by my publisher, friends, and books “to review,” and then transfer them to my Kindle from there.  That way, if there’s a glitch with my Kindle, the books are on my computer.  Your author will be happy you did when he/she sees his/her royalty statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment